If you, as a lady, have received beauty tips from YouTube, then you have probably come across Mariand Castrejon Castañeda. Doesn’t that sound familiar? Maybe you know her as Yuya, the vlogger behind the channel lady16makeup.
Yuya was named the highest-paid beauty blogger by Bustle magazine in 2015, and in 2017, her channel ranked 21st among the most subscribed YouTube channels in July, although in the latest mid-2018 update, she fell to 27th place.
The beauty logger and social media celebrity have gained immense popularity by doing online what most other ladies only do in front of their mirrors, and for this, she has been well rewarded both financially and in terms of fame.
As with most Internet celebrities, much about her background is still unknown and documented, but to fill this gap, Heightline.com has begun research to find out more about Yuya’s identity, who is setting the trend in women’s beauty and makeup patterns.
Who is Yuya? The Mexican Beauty YouTuber That Has Taken The Internet By Storm
Yuya was born on March 13, 1993, in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico, to Mexican parents. Her parents’ names are Maribel and Andrés, and from their names was derived her first portmanteau name Mariand. The nickname by which she is more popular was given to her by her uncle when she was a child, after the Mexican TV character Yuya, la Gorda (the fat Yuya). Mariand has a brother named Sergio, who is also a YouTuber and does well in his own room.
The Mexican celebrity was very artistically inclined from an early age, which is why she studied ballet, drama, and theatre at school. In 2009, she joined YouTube at the age of 16 and later participated in a beauty contest where she made a video to show off her make-up talent. Yuya did not win the beauty contest, but she continued to refine her make-up skills, creating new shades and make-up techniques. She entered a YouTube make-up contest that she won, and since then she has been making make-up videos and uploading them to her channel.
On her channel lady16makeup, she has over 21 million subscribers with a total of more than 2 billion video views. Yuya posts videos on the channel about beauty training, hairstyles, and make-up techniques. She also has a second channel called Yuyacst, where she blogs about her daily life.
She has seen her make-up skills in Vogue and on Mexican television. Similarly, she was one of the seven female YouTubers who participated in the United Nations Campaign for Sustainable Development, which aims to promote gender equality and empower all women and girls. Yuya can refer to two books: Los Secretos de Yuya (2015) and Las Confessiones de Yuya (2016). After launching her perfume (#True) and make-up collection in July 2015 and October 2017 respectively, she has strengthened her entrepreneurial side of life.
Yuya’s Boyfriend and their Relationship
Yuya’s love interest is in Beto Pasillas, who was born in Monterrey, Mexico, on March 29, 1991. He has two siblings, a brother, and a sister, and while growing up he was interested in music, but later wanted to diversify and specialize as YouTuber.
He has been in a relationship with Yuya since 2016 until today. At a certain point, the rumor was going around that the two were already engaged and about to get married, but the wedding is still pending. Until then, Beto and Yuya enjoy their relationship together and there are no rumors of a separation.
Other Facts About Her
- It is obviously the most popular YouTuber in Mexico.
- She was the first female YouTuber to have over 20 million subscribers.
- In 2015, she reportedly earned up to $41,000 a month with her YouTube channel.
- Yuya’s current net worth is estimated at around $3 million.
- Although Yuya has dropped from number 21 in 2015 to number 21 in 2018 to number 27 in the list of most subscribed YouTube channels, she still ranks ahead of other YouTubers and prominent YouTube channels such as those of Bruno Mars, Shakira, Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Logan Paul and Adele.
- She is Mexican and all her videos are in Spanish. It’s amazing how many subscribers she has. But if we consider that the Internet is not only dominated by English speaking and writing people, we can give this lady some awards for having achieved everything she has achieved despite the language barrier.
- She found love with Beto Pasillas, who is also a Spanish YouTuber.