Although he is still very young, Markelle Fultz is an American basketball player who is now famous and plays for the Philadelphia 76ers. Since his NBA Draft 2017, he has been an important player for the team, even though he was not used for quite a long time due to a shoulder injury. Since he emerged as the first choice, many eyes have been watching how he is doing. Here is everything you need to know about him.
Markelle Fultz Biography
He was born on 29 May 1998 as Markelle N’Gai Fultz in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. He grew up at the side of an older sibling with a single mother, Ebony Markelle, without any help from his father, who left the family.
His entire childhood, from the age of three, was dedicated to basketball, and from then on he wanted to become a player. When he met Keith Williams, who was to be his personal coach for a long time, he took the right form.
He attended the Catholic DeMatha High School and from there he went to the University of Washington. In terms of basketball, his school years were great in many ways. During his time in high school, he earned the title of Player of the Year at the Washington Catholic Sports Conference, and when he finished, over 20 college scholarships were waiting for him.
ALSO READ: Giselle Blondet: 5 Facts You Need To Know About The Actress
Although the Washington Huskies team did not do so well, he was able to achieve one of the best performances in the first few seasons in the history of the Pac-12 Conference with the Washington Huskies. He also made it into both the All-Pac-12 first team and the third All-American team.
He began his career after making it to the top of the NBA draft in 2017 as the first NBA draft for the ’76s. Since then, he has been a significant part of the team, although he suffered from a scapular muscle imbalance, from which he has recovered.
In 2018 he was the youngest player to score a triple-double in the NBA with his 13 points, 10 assists, and 10 rebounds against the Milwaukee Bucks. What makes it even more spectacular is the fact that he set the record from the bench.
Height and Body Stats
Like many basketball stars, one of the first things they bring to light, besides their skills and hard work, is their stature. This also applies to Markelle Fultz, who has a very good height and weight, which helps him to survive in this sport. He is 193 cm (6 feet 4 inches) tall and has a body weight of 88 kg (195 lbs).
This indicated that his combined strength and agility results have not yet been released, but he has done great in the NBA so far.
ALSO READ: Al Roker Wife, Children, Family, Height, Age, Salary, Weight Loss
- He grew up without a father because he was abandoned by his mother when he was still a child. The young star tweeted his father and reminded him how he managed without him.
- After Fultz was chosen as the first NBA Draft, he was the first Husky to succeed in the entire NBA Draft.
- He represented the United States team at FIBA Americas 2016 in Chile, where the team won the championship. He was the MVP of the tournament, which he finished as the best scorer.
- With the contract he signed with the Philadelphia 76ers, Markelle Fultz is expected to bring home over $5 million each season.
- He has brought home a McDonald’s All-American in 2016 and a Nike Hoop Summit the same year.
- It is known that the native Upper Marlboro has no girlfriend at the moment, but he is very close to Kaila Charles, who some suspect has something going on.
- He has a very close relationship with his mother, whom he referred to as his world, and his sister.
- The guard of the Philadelphia 76ers has already signed a sponsorship contract with Nike. The multi-year contract was signed in 2017 before he made the NBA draft.
- Since he grew up without a father, he pointed out that it was Keith Williams who served as his mentor and father figure throughout. He was also his coach and trainer, which made the two of them very close.