No one saw it coming! Caitriona Balfe from the Outlander series got engaged in January 2017; but Sam Heughan – her co-star – was not the one to ask the question, much to the surprise of the Outlander fans who cheered their favorite Claire and Jamie to carry their affair beyond the screen.
The relationship between Caitriona and Sam in the successful American drama included many intimate scenes, which showed the common chemistry of both stars. But the fans wanted more because the two had never been a real couple.
Journalists, eager for snippets of the duo’s relationship, kept insinuating that the ring on her finger was from Sam, but Caitriona Balfe – who is more of a private person and rarely talks about her private life in public – suddenly decided to deliver the news herself.
ALSO READ: Britt Nicole Biography, Husband, Children and Other Facts To Know
The Irish star appeared at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards with a sparkling engagement ring on her finger and announced her engagement to her lover on the red carpet on the floor of the ceremony. But was it from Sam? Who is the lucky one?
Caitriona Balfe Husband
Well, we all know that Caitriona Balfe is a private person who rarely talks about her private life in public, let alone divulges private details; yet she conveniently saw it as a necessity to make her engagement to her lover public. His name is Tony McGill.
The two had kept their relationship quite private and were hardly ever together in public; so private that one can find practically nothing concrete about Tony McGill anywhere on the Internet. Their only public appearance together is an Instagram video shared by a friend, which shows that the two have known each other since 2015.
Tony McGill is the acclaimed Irish music producer who owes his name to a whole series of productions. He is also co-founder of the theatrical entertainment act Combo Fiasco, one of Melbourne’s iconic cabaret acts.
Apart from this information, not much is known about Tony except that he prefers to stick to his personal space: which makes it very difficult for anyone to know who he really is.
Given his relationship with the Outlander star, there is a rumor that he is three years older than Balfe, which means he was born in 1976 (Caitriona Balfe was born in 1979). They haven’t made it to the altar yet, but that should be cleared up in not too far time.
Has She Dated Anyone Before?
Yes, the question is worth asking. While Caitriona Balfe has dated several people in the last ten years of her life, there are only a few men we can really prove a connection to the Irish actress, including Dave Milone and Tony McGill.
Before Caitriona Balfe even came into contact with Tony McGill in 2015, the star actress had a relationship with Dave Milone during her modeling career in the early 2000s.
Dave Milone is an American guitarist who played in the band Radio 4; and the couple lived together for several years when the Irish model was based in Brooklyn, New York, and entered the Hollywood industry.
ALSO READ: Vance Joseph Wife, Family, Bio, Net Worth, NFL Coaching Career
Fast Facts You Need To Know About Caitriona Balfe
1. Besides her acting, Caitriona Balfe has an impressive resume as a model. In her ten-year career, she has modeled for Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs Chanel, Moschino, and Narciso Rodriguez.
2. Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill have been seen together in public twice: in 2016 at the awarding of the Hollywood Walk of Fame by Jodie Foster and in 2017 at the Oscar Wilde
3. In 2002 Caitriona was on the catwalk for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show
4. Caitriona Balfe and Tony McGill both have Irish roots
5. In 2014 Caitriona was voted “Woman of the Year” by BBC America’s Anglophenia Fan Favorites tournament.
6. In 2015 she was included in the People magazine’s list of the “50 most beautiful people in the world”.
7. Caitriona Balfe has lived at one time or another in Italy, France, England, Germany, and Japan.
8. Caitriona Balfe has been involved in major advertising campaigns for Levi’s, Calvin Klein, Oscar de la Renta, Moschino, Blumarine, Dries Van Noten, Escada, Bottega Veneta, Hush Puppies, Neiman Marcus, BCBG Max Azria, and Wella.