James Love, who you might recognize better than Doc on TV, is a man who has fully followed his passion for cars. He is a cast member of Discovery Channel’s reality series Street Outlaws, in which he races with The Street Beast; a custom 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, with which he became one of the show’s deadliest racers and made a lot of money as a reward.
The Street Outlaws show is the one Doc has become more and more associated with over the years. His fans, and indeed everyone who has seen and heard of him, have often wondered if he has a life outside the street racing show? We were at first perplexed about this and decided to do some research on him to be better informed and in turn educate others. Here we present everything we found out about “what Doc of Street Outlaws does for a living”. But first, you should know the basics about him before he became popular with the TV show.
Background Information About Doc
- He was born on February 19, 1969, in Moore, Oklahoma, and named James Love, son of a concrete construction worker.
- James received his high school education at Moore High School in Oklahoma.
- From an early age, he became interested in machines and how they work, which influenced his decision to study machines at Universal Technical Institute (UTI) in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- His first car, a 77 Monte Carlo, his mother’s car, was given to him as a gift so that he could use it to pick up his younger brother and sister from school and drive them to work himself.
- Over time, he saved enough money to buy his first car, which was a newer model – a 72 Monte Carlo, to which he had a timing chain and rear brakes fitted.
- Many years passed, and the OK man’s (Oklahoma) interest in cars continued to grow amidst the challenges of life.
- In April 1990 he married his high school sweetheart Judy.
- Since then they have been together and parents of two girls, Ashtyn and Haley.
- The once poor boy, who had a financially difficult childhood, has since used his passion for cars to change his life forever.
- Doc is one of the strongest hands on wheels on The Street Outlaws Show. His speed in racing has been well rewarded. According to sources, the driver’s net worth is estimated at over $500,000.
What Does Doc on “Street Outlaws” Do for a Living? Here’s What We Know
After his studies at UTI, the boy returned to Oklahoma with his enthusiasm for racing cars. He bought his first racing car, a 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo from eBay in Wisconsin, and drove it back to Oklahoma. Doc named his Chevy “The Street Beast” and started racing seriously with it.
In addition to his racing interests, Doc was also a car mechanic in a garage, where he used his knowledge and training on machines to repair and tune the cars he brought to the garage. In 2001 he founded his own repair shop called “Southwest Diesel Service” together with his grandfather.
However, Doc still cultivated the ambition to take more time for the races with his Chevy. This passion led to him becoming part of an American reality television series called Street Outlaws in 2013. He modified his Street Beast to deliver the best on the race tracks, coupled with his talent and mastery of the car’s aerodynamics. He was very successful at doing what he likes to do best and his dominance in the race seems unstoppable.
As for what Doc does for a living, he has a lot to do both in his career and as a father to his family members. In the world of road racing, and probably every other racing sport, drivers take it as a full-time job and most of them do nothing but train and race. Most of the guys at the Street Outlaws actually give up their full-time jobs, but it’s not the same with Doc.
He has a repair shop that he started years ago with his grandfather, and he still works there because it’s special to him and not just a business. So basically he makes a living from being both a street outlaw racer and a car mechanic.