Beth Behrs is an American film and television actress and writer. She is best known for her role in the CBS comedy series 2 Broke Girls, in which she played the leading role of Caroline Channing. Behrs was widely acclaimed for the show, which ran over six seasons and earned her nominations for both the People’s Choice Awards and the Teen Choice Awards.
She was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on December 26, 1985, the daughter of David and Maureen Behrs. Her family consisted of her father, who was a college administrator, her mother, the mother of a first-grade teacher, and her sister. When Behrs was four years old, her family moved to Lynchburg, where she began acting.
When Behrs was 16 years old, her family moved to Marin County, California, where she enrolled in Tamalpais High School. In 2001 she was accepted into the highly respected theater program at Tamalpais High School.
After graduating high school in 2004, she began studying at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, where she received classical training as a singer and continued to perform in plays. Among the plays she has performed in is A Bright Room Called Day and Korczak’s Children. She also appeared in the musical Dangling Conversations: The Music of Simon and Garfunkel. Behrs was named Miss Marin County in 2006.
Behrs moved to Los Angeles, California soon after to begin acting studies at the UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television in 2004. Her theater performances at UCLA included the production of Grease at the Ray of Light Theatre in San Francisco, in which she played Sandy Dumbrowski. She graduated in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in critical studies and, upon graduation, received a singing scholarship from the Young Musician’s Foundation.
The young actress received her first film role in 2009; it was a role in the film American Pie. She then starred in an independent comedy, Adventures of Serial Buddies as Brittany, starring Kathie Lee Gifford, Artie Lange, and Christopher Lloyd. Other roles she played were the alien girl in Route 30 (2012), Deborah in Chasing Eagle Rock (2015), and Brooklyn in Hello, My Name Is Doris (2015).
Beth Behr’s entry into television began with guest appearances on shows like ABC’s Castle and NCIS: Los Angeles. After several auditions, she has given the lead role in the 2011 CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls, in which she played Caroline Channing. Her other television roles and appearances include Rain in Pretty Tough (2011), Nell in an episode of The Big Bang Theory (2018), and Gemma Johnson in The Neighborhood (2018).
For someone who has been in the industry for just under a decade, Behrs has not done badly. Although her earnings per film are really not certain, she has an estimated net worth of $6 million.
Behrs is married to the actor Michael Gladis. Gladis grew up in Farmington, Connecticut. After graduating from Farmington High School, he attended the SUNY School of Art Design at Alfred University and then moved to the State University of New York, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in theater studies.
Gladis portrayed Paul Kinsey in the first three seasons of the popular television series Mad Men. He starred in the lead role and appeared in a number of other television series, including Law & Order, Third Watch, Hack, The Good Wife, Medium, House, Leverage, and Justified.
Gladis’s feature film roles include K-19: The Widowmaker (2002), Armed Response (2013), and Not Safe for Work (2014). He also starred alongside Beth Behrs in the 2012 short film The Argument.
Behrs became engaged to Gladis in 2016 after they had been together for six years. She and Gladis were married in July 2018 at the Moose Creek Ranch in Victor, Idaho.
Lesser Known Facts About Beth Behrs
1. Behrs is also a writer. Since 2016, she has written the webcomic Dent, a webcomic for young adults, together with Matt Doyle. In May 2017 she published The Total Me-Tox: How to stop eating, move your body, and love your life. In the book, she describes a journey to happiness and health.
2. Behrs is the founder of the SheHerdPower Foundation, which uses horse-assisted therapy to help women who have been victims of sexual assault by mating with horses. Horse-assisted therapy has helped her overcome her own challenges with anxiety and panic attacks that she had experienced since her teenage years.
3. Behrs was featured in the 2013 music video for the Lady Antebellum song Downtown.
4. Behrs is 5 ft 5 inches (1.65 m) tall and weighs 117 pounds (53 kg).
5. As a young schoolgirl, Behrs was a soccer enthusiast and was part of her school team that traveled all over the east coast and competed in tournaments with other teenagers. She had to give up soccer to concentrate on her acting.